Tuesday 22 September 2009

Week 3: Nappy Rash and Stinky Nappies

This week Evan has nappy rash for the first time ever. It's been really sore and angry looking for the past few days, but today it seems to have calmed down a bit. I coated his bottom in Sudocreme and that seems to have helped. Like most unexplainable things, I'm putting it down to teething. He is actually just getting one of his canine teeth. He was a grump on the weekend as well another sure sign that the tooth was coming. He hasn't had a problem with any of his other teeth. They have always just appeared without causing any bother. I'm actually hoping for a few more bottom teeth to match the top. He has almost a full set on the top but still only 4 on the bottom!

Lately I've noticed that his nappies have been particularly stinky. I have been told that nappies can smell worse when new teeth are coming through. I've had to resort to soaking even the wet nappies and doing a rinse before washing to get the smell out. It doesn't half make your eyes water!

Nappy changes have become difficult this week as well. Evan is on the verge of walking. He's very steady when walking with support and just needs to find the courage to let go. Unfortunately for me, all he wants to do these days is practice walking so getting him to lie down for his nappy changes, turns into a battle of wills!


 

1 comment:

  1. Mine cut 6 teeth all together last week and her nappies were terrible. I put vinegar in the rinse and hung out to dry.

    ReplyDelete